Friday, January 28, 2011

How I protected my cd collection for $3

I have a few cds still lying around. Yes, I know that most people use i-pods and digital media these days, but, just in case some rabid media executive comes calling at my door to accuse me of illegal downloads or whatever, I maintain my old cds. These are not simply cds, but licenses. Every time I have ever purchased a cd or dvd, the elevated cost wasn’t simply for the plastic disk or the case, it was the cost of the license to play the media. Some of my disks have deteriorated, some have gotten scratched or dented or cracked, but in the end, they are still my evidence that I purchased those licenses, and I keep them around as such.
My problem was, how do I store them, and prevent them from getting any more damaged? My solution?
I went to the dollar store and found two nice plastic boxes and a roll of saran wrap. I wrapped each cd in the saran wrap to keep them from getting scratched up bumping against each other, and then I placed them in the plastic boxes. You can see my lame picture of the result below, it isn't really glamorous, but hey, it works and it doesn't take up much space!




No comments:

Post a Comment