Thursday, May 26, 2011

Today's craft project

I was a little bored with the way my desk was looking. Unfortunately I didn't remember to take a before pic, but the pic above is the after. The metal cans on the shelf used to be two different colors, half a brick red color and half a dark grey color. I painted them all a shiny black, and then decoupaged some vintage French printed labels from The Graphics Fairy onto the painted cans.

I got the black frames from Ikea, and printed up the vintage silhouettes also from the same website. It really brightened up my area, and I have to admit I smile every time I see the silhouettes because they remind me of a friend in North Alabama, she was an antiques dealer for years, and these remind me of some that were in her house at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment